Source from DoYouYoga.com, here are 10 pearls of yoga wisdom that can be useful reminders of how you can get the most out of your practice.
- 99% of yoga is done on the mat. You can read and think about it as much as you like, but the benefits really do come from practicing.
- Some days you will be more flexible than others. Accept and embrace them all and enjoy your practice, however stretchy or taut you might be.
- Yoga is the perfect opportunity to develop your awareness. You may be surprised at how much you are actually listening to your thoughts during a class. Practice tuning in to your teachers voice and over time you will develop the ability to ignore the chatter in your mind (both on and off the mat!).
- Yoga is an individual and personal practice with no benchmark for success or failure.
- Find the ease within every posture, no matter how easy or challenging you find them. Breathe, smile and feel the hard edges begin to soften.
- Notice any feelings of resistance that may come up during postures, pranayama or meditation. These can signify key break through areas that yoga can help you push through.
- If you are uncomfortable, ask yourself if the discomfort is physical, emotional or mental? There is a big difference and if the sensation is on a mental or emotional level, push through it. Magic will happen when you do!
- If you are unable to practice due to injury or illness, you can still reap a lot of the benefits through visualisation. Sit or lie down at the back of class and imagine doing what the teacher is instructing. It’s incredible how well this works!
- Don’t compare yourself to others in a class. If you notice your gaze drifting to the bendy people in the front row, use your willpower to bring it back to your mat, your body and your breath.
- The yoga community is filled with loving, compassionate, supportive people who are driven to make a difference. If you want to ask your yoga teacher or a fellow practitioner a question, then ask them. I guarantee they will be very happy you did.
Nous vous invitons à vous enregistrer, vous inscrire (c'est gratuit). Si vous avez déjà votre accès, veuillez vous connecter pour découvrir la communauté yogapartout et le Magazine numérique du Yoga - Satoshi.Yoga